This recipe can be used as a side dish or for family gatherings. It only requires a small amount of chicken, sausages, and rice. Continue reading to discover a new way of cooking rice that will delight your friends and family. You can also find spicy Spanish sausage online via https://brindisa.com/collections/cured-chorizo.
Image Source: Google
These are the things you will need-
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon).
- Italian Sausage (1/4 lb, sweet and sliced).
- Chicken breast, whole or cubed (8 ounces, boneless, skinless, and cubed).
- Onion (1 medium, chopped).
- 1 medium-sized, chopped green bell pepper
- Chicken bouillon (2 cubes).
- Hot water (1 1/3 cups)
- Salt (1 teaspoon).
- Thyme (1 teaspoon).
- Garlic powder (1/4 teaspoon).
- 1 cup green peas
- Instant rice (1 1/2 cups).
- Tomatoes (diced or medium size)
How to do it-
First, you'll need a large skillet. Heat oil in it and then add the sausage. After about five minutes, remove the skillet from the heat and drain any excess fat. Cook the chicken, onion, and green pepper for five more minutes.
Once the chicken is cooked, transfer the mixture to a bowl. Stir in the bouillon cubes until they dissolve in hot water. Finally, season the dish with salt, thyme, and garlic powder. Once everything is in the skillet, add the peas. When it reaches boiling point, reduce heat and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes.
Finally, add the tomatoes to the pan and continue to cook for another few minutes. Once it is not boiling, you can take the mixture off the heat and let it cool down.