If you're feeling self-conscious about your body, or if you just don't feel comfortable in your own skin, it might be time to seek out help. There are a number of people who can provide you with the support and guidance you need to improve your body image.
One way to find a body image counselor at https://www.navneetgillcounselling.com/body-image-services is to look online. You can search for local clinics and organizations that offer body image counseling. Alternatively, you can call a hotline and speak with a counselor on the phone.
No matter which route you take, make sure to find a counselor who is qualified and experienced in helping people with body image issues. Trust is key when it comes to improving your body image, so choose someone whom you trust to help you along the way.
Tips for Self Love and Affirmation
If you're feeling down about your body image, it might be time to seek out professional help. There are a few things you can do on your own to start improving your self-esteem:
1. Start by acknowledging that there is room for improvement. No one is perfect, and you should be proud of the progress you make.
2. Find positive affirmation sources. Look for articles, blogs, or social media posts that affirm your body type and celebrate the progress you've made. This will encourage you to keep going!
3. Make time for yourself. Set aside time each day to focus on yourself and your happiness. This will help you cultivate self-love in the long run.
4. Reclaim your confidence. Set up reminders to look at body-positive pictures, consider compliments from others, and remind yourself of your progress.
5. Reduce stressors in your life that may be affecting your self-esteem. If you're constantly worried about what other people think of you, there's probably a lot more going on than meets the eye! Also, be sure to avoid negative social media posts that tend to make us feel bad about ourselves.
6. Take time for activities outside of work or school that help you feel good about your body and build self-esteem.