Flatbed trucks are often used to transport and deliver products and major raw materials like sewer pipes. This is used under roads which is difficult to move to the construction site in other ways.
It is also used to move around the construction equipment and materials that are too large to fit on a conventional vehicle. You can find more information about flatbed truck services via https://rcstrucking.com/flatbed-division or various other online sources.
There are a number of choices and considerations that the sender must have to evaluate when choosing from the many flatbed carriers. Consider a flatbed broker to handle the examination of many flatbed haulers.
When evaluating this carrier flatbed service, it is wise to check credentials, including:
- Do they have a valid Federal Auditory Carrier? Check the license of the truck driver to confirm if all documents are available.
- Are cargo carrier and insurance obligations are according to flatbed transportation? All flatbed operators must have at least $ 100,000 in liability insurance. Get a written certificate of insurance and coverage.
- Check flatbed trucking company’s safety statistics by contacting the Federal Department of Transportation.
- How is the carrier’s credit rating?
- Flatbed carriers typically take two hours for loading and unloading the goods.
- Tarps are often used in flatbed transportation. Verify if the flatbed carrier offers this service in their quote?